Double your impact for Music Therapy
July is Music Therapy Month
Help kids heal through the gift of music. This July we’re celebrating music therapy—won’t you make a gift to support this work that’s proven to improve heart rates, lessen anxiety, and help our kids heal? Your gift will be matched dollar for dollar by a generous donor for up to $250,000, doubling your impact. The Music Therapy Program is funded primarily by philanthropy, and with your help, our music therapists can reach more patients in the hospital.
Your gift will help us establish an endowed fund here at the hospital to ensure the Music Therapy program lasts forever.
Did you know?
- There are currently four music therapists at Boston Children’s Hospital.
- Music therapists visit with approximately 100 patients each week.
- Music therapists are not entertainers. They are all board certified and play a role in a patient’s overall treatment plan, helping them to heal and cope while in the hospital.
- Some of the goals of music therapy include: reducing pain and anxiety, improving motor skills, speech and language, enhancing self-esteem and confidence, encouraging self expression, and providing a healthy distraction when it’s needed most.
- Music therapists use many musical instruments with patients, including a drum, xylophone, maracas, tambourine and more.